Payments for My Little Pet Party are made at PayPal, but you do not need to own a PayPal account to pay: you may enter your credit or debit card’s data directly at PayPal and complete your payment. You don’t need to register a PayPal account neither.
1. Proceed to Checkout from Cart Page:
After adding item to the cart, proceed with clicking on Checkout.
2. Continue with Payment from Checkout Page:
Agree to Our terms Click on it , click on “Purchase”. You’ll be redirected to paypal checkout
1. On the first screen, look for a link titled “Check Out as a Guest”. You may also see something similar like “Pay with Credit or Debit Card” or “Don’t have a PayPal account?” Select this link to open the credit/debit card input screen.
2. After that, on the next screen, enter your credit or debit card information, billing address and contact details. You will also be asked if you want to create a PayPal account. If you decide to do so, you can register with the information you entered, or just choose ‘No’ and then click ‘Pay Now’
3. Review the payment details and finalize your payment. That’s it!
Troubleshooting PayPal Payments
Depending on a number of factors you could run into problems when paying at PayPal. Some common issues are:
I am not getting redirected to PayPal at all
Your browser’s PayPal cookies might be messed up; you may try deleting your cookies to fix this.
PayPal is not accepting my credit/debit card
Please double check the data you entered at PayPal’s form. If everything is correct, chances are that you actually do own a PayPal account and that your credit/debit card is associated with that PayPal account. If this is the case, then you will only be able to pay with that card by logging into your PayPal account. If this is too much trouble, then just try paying with a different credit/debit card.
I can’t find a “Don’t have a PayPal account?” option
Unfortunately, PayPal does not allow direct credit card/debit payments in all cases. Sometimes it is because of your location, or sometimes PayPal might believe by checking your browser’s cookies that you actually own a PayPal account. You might try deleting your cookies to get around this.
Please contact me if you have any questions or need support ~ we’re always happy to assist!